Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Three more months

IGN interview about 40K

3 more months until I get a game to drool over helplessly. True there are alot of good games on the horizon, StarCraft 2 and Diablo 3 come to mind; however I love MMOs. Not only do I love MMOs but I'm a HUGE fan of the Warhammer 40k Universe. Sure Blizzard is a great company but lets not be niave, StarCraft and Warcraft were ideas based on Games Workshops IP, and GW does it soooo much better.

If we are talking JUST Lore, nothing beats the Worlds and stories within ANY Games Workshop novel or Codex. They are simply amazing. It will be a hard fought internal battle not to be a drooling fan boy come June when THQ and Vigil Games lets the Astartes out of the bag.

With every new MMO there is always the hope that THIS one will learn from the past mistakes of others. No matter how much doomsaying occurs I know I will atleast TRY out this MMO. I owe that much to Games Workshop. This MMO will either be one of the best ever created or one of the worst. There is going to be so much hype and fanfare that goes along with it I doubt there will be any room for a middle ground. A Sci-Fi MMO can be so easily destroyed because of the complexity of balance with space weapons. Good Luck THQ!

No comments:

Post a Comment