Friday, February 5, 2010

Warhammer 40K

I’m starting to like shorter posts. I don’t get lost in what I’m trying to say. We’ll see if this continues.

Massively had a post yesterday that Vigil will be releasing info on Warhammer 40K this year at E-3, yes that’s why I want to go. The great thing is the Warhammer 40K universe is one of the most in depth and intriguing universes created in Sci-Fi and Fantasy. I think Vigil is going to have two major hurdles to overcome with their MMO.

The first is focus. They can’t encompass the entire galaxy at launch. They should focus on one sub sector and the small battle going on there. This would also permit them to restrict the amount of races needed at launch.

The second is vague, but it’s implementation. Warhammer 40K is a perfect game to be released with a FPS style view, but the average MMO fan doesn’t care for the FPS view. Vigil needs to take what WoW and other MMOs have done that flourished and build on it. This is often called polish. The game has to work and it has to have the popular MMO features the competition has.

Good luck Vigil Gaming and THQ, I’m hoping for the best but forgive me if I’m not too optimistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment