Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Been AFK

I haven’t Blogged in a month. It seems like Tobold is a curse for me. Everytime I ask his opinion of how my blog is going I lose interest in posting. Like everything in my life my passions change like the tides. One day I will love painting miniatures for my 40K Warhammer Army and the next I will want nothing more than to play my Wii.

Blogging is the same way. Some days I can’t wait to voice my opinion others… well it’s meh. I haven’t even been interested in reading blogs. The last few days I’ve slowly started reading Gevlon and Tobold’s blogs again. Keen will have to wait a little while longer before I’m ready for him.

I guess playing Borderlands has really rekindled my interest in games. Borderlands is one of those simple yet pure games. It’s almost a throwback of how games were made 15 years ago. It’s amazingly refreshing and I think if the game had more outside support via dedicated servers it would actually hurt the game. I really don’t know how to describe it. Borderlands takes our old fashion hack and slash RPG model changes it to first person view adds guns and puts it in a post apocalyptic fallout typesetting… all while being cell shaded.

The only down side is you can tell this games interface was designed with a console gamer in mind. Nearly everything is done from the key board when it comes to navigating menu’s. It’s annoying but if that’s the only compliant I have then it’s a good game.

If Borderlands can keep me playing until the end of the year I will consider it well worth the $50 I paid via steam. Even if it doesn’t keep me interested for more than another week I will still feel that it was money well spent.

Thanks Borderlands for making me care about video games again!

No comments:

Post a Comment