Thursday, December 3, 2009

Selfish Gamers

Tobold’s blog about soloing got me sort of riled up. Why is it that everyone feels they are entitled to play any game how they want? It’s infuriating. This is probably why I’m so anti-social. It’s not that I don’t like people, I love hanging out with my friends. It’s that the vast majority of the people I meet are selfish thoughtless morons.

I want to blame it on parents but its society as a whole. Sure it takes a tribe to raise a child but it only takes a few idiots to screw one up. It isn’t even the younger people. In this politically correct over sensitive world we live in today everyone feels they are entitled to everything. The world isn’t fair and you don’t always get what you want.

That is a huge foundation for capitalism. If you don’t like something, make something better and sell it. People are just lazy now days, they want existing companies to cater to their every whim rather than settle or go out and do it themselves.

Most of my family thinks I’m a very strict parent. My the standards I remember I’m rather easy. I don’t spank my kids, I haven’t grounded them for more than a hour at a time (I was once grounded for 3 months). However because SOCIETY spares the rod now in hopes to spare the child everything is getting messed up.

Look at yourself. Do you like the person you are? Then parent the way your parents treated you. Repeat the steps and hope for the best. Change things, but don’t for one instance think you are being their friend. You are their parent.

I hate the vast majority of people. Not because I don’t like people, but because I don’t have time to waste on morons. It drives my wife nuts but I will not sit at some random event and wait for my turn to speak with strangers. That is not a conversation. That is the problem with society and as such video games. Everyone thinks they are their own special snow flake, when really they are just pompous clowns.

No comments:

Post a Comment