Friday, October 23, 2009

Aion 1-25 Final Thoughts

When it’s all said and done I don’t know how to review Aion, however I’m sure I’m still in the “Honey Moon” phase. I haven’t hit a wall yet and while I know I’m half way through the levels I still have a lot of exp to earn before I’m level 50. If a friend would ask me about Aion, I think this is what I would say.

If you are playing World of Warcraft and enjoying it, don’t play Aion. You won’t like it. The game has a lot more grind by WoW standards and is a lot like WoW in the way it plays so you won’t be moving on to something very different. If you currently enjoy World of Warcraft Aion will more than likely not appeal to you.

If you are burnt out on World of Warcraft and want another MMO to play, give Aion a try. Come in with an open mind and remember it’s not going to be WoW but it will have a lot of similarities… which ALL MMO’s share.

If you enjoyed EverQuest back in the day, I really think you will find Aion to be a second home. It’s everything I loved about EverQuest with the technological advances that every MMO since has discovered. I only play 1-2 hours a night and I feel as though I’m playing enough to still make progress.

All in all I am very pleased with Aion. I think it’s a good game and feel it will only grow from here. I really hope NCSoft can show that Blizzard isn’t the only company who can make a quality MMO. I don’t expect Aion to meet WoW’s subscriber numbers but I do think it will rival its quality of craftsmanship.

No comments:

Post a Comment