Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Indiana Epiny and the Artifacts of Doom

I hit a wall recently where I wanted to quit Rift. Luckily for me I only have a limited number of games installed on my computer at the moment because I bought a new hard drive and I am in the process of transferring them all to it. So I logged onto Starcraft 2 for a few hours and that pretty much cured my desire to play another game. I love Starcraft and I’m fully capable of reaching Diamond league I’m just not willing to put in the time that would require. So it’s either I play a lot of Starcraft or none, I choose none.

Back to Rift I went! I hit level 50 about a week and a half ago now. Any time I hit max level in a MMO, regardless of the type of end game that develops past that point, I always feel as those a huge weight is lifted off my shoulder. I didn’t HAVE to exp every night. I could craft, explore, PvP, dungeon, rift, whatever I felt like now and not worry about how it affected my overall level. I know I shouldn’t feel this way when leveling but I had two friends already at 50 and I wanted to play with them, in content that challenged all of us, rather than them helping me quest.

Since hitting 50 I’ve done a lot, and found a new love for Rift. If you are willing to consider certain activities worthwhile then the game becomes very fun. Artifacts are a key to making Rift’s world feel alive. I will go out of my way to places that look seldom traveled in the hopes of finding rare artifacts. This task has allowed me to see much more of the nooks and crannies of Rift and I must say, it looks pretty good. I will take the less efficient path to a destination with the goal of finding artifacts on my way. It’s the first time in a long time on a MMO where I felt as though traveling around the world was equally fun and rewarding.

I want to throw this in real fast, because it amazes me. I love the cast animations in Rift on my Cleric healer. I think it deserves and entire blog post, and I hope to write it this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment