Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Beginning of the End

22 Years ago I came across an Atari 2600. I don’t entirely know where it came from and frankly being only 5 years old at the time I didn’t care. It was a video game and I knew it was fun. Since then I have prided myself on attempting to be a video game renaissant, as such I like to try any game genres or innovate technology.

That has also molded me into having a very strong and distinct opinion on what makes a good video game and how developers should interact with their community, the consumer. As someone who considers their opinion to be right, as I’m sure we all do, I often find myself in a debate with those on the opposite end of the spectrum from me. I will gladly take up the good fight, not because I believe I will change their opinion. I know that if most people are so strong in their beliefs that they will engage in a debate, then they are often beyond the point of changing their mind. I argue and debate for the bystander; someone who happens to read my thoughts and views and is currently undecided on his or her views on the given topic.

Like I said I consider myself a video gamer renaissant, someone who was there from the early days. I have battled video game addiction, with drawls, and the never ending flow of horrible content that we face every quarter. I try to beta test every game I come across and in fact with a little luck I got my name on the credits of one rather popular video game.

All of this because I came across an Atari 2600 when I was younger.

No comments:

Post a Comment